Class Picture

Class Picture

Friday, December 6, 2013

This will be my first official blog that is not via Kidblog. I titled it Excited for iPads. 

I found out on Monday that I got accepted into the iPad Academy. I am super excited for this experience and can't wait to get started. I planned to announce the big surprise to my students right before Christmas break. I put up 12 balloons with a word in each balloon and had the plan to pop a balloon each day until break. But, my excitement changed my mind. I started trying to pop balloons for good behavior in class. Good behavior is harder to find close to Christmas and on very cold inside recess days. Today, "Coach Catlett" stopped by my classroom and we only had 4 more balloons left to pop. I decided not to wait any longer. I think my excitement was higher than my students at this point. We popped the final balloons to reveal the secret message. 


The message told my students that our classroom will evolve into a 1:1 iPad classroom in January. At first they didn't have any idea or concept of what they were hearing. After a little explaining, it sunk into their heads. They started asking questions and then their faces and energy went crazy.


It was hard to keep the secret for 4 days. I know I would not have been able to wait much longer. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.


So... Thanks Coach Catlett for stopping by and giving me a great reason to reveal the big news! It was a fun moment to share with you!

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I can only imagine the excitement and energy in the room. I love the way you did your reveal via messages in the balloons. Very creative indeed. It will be fun to follow your blog and see all the awesome things happening in your room next semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to start working with you Terrie! We are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete